Thursday, April 10, 2014

Revelation, April 10th, 2014 Class Audio Podcast

This podcast is currently unavailable.

Come on in, 
pull up a chair, 
and chat with your sisters this week in...
The Comment Cafe

4 comments:

  1. Well, it would appear that the recording device we use in class is on it's last legs.
    Helen is currently looking into the matter and hopefully this morning's class, which seems to not be showing up on the recorder, will appear, much like the class two weeks ago!

    In the meantime, I thought I would quickly address the question that Jennifer asked towards the end of this morning. Here are just a few thoughts on the matter...

    In 1 Peter 1:10 in context of salvation it says, "As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven - things into which angels long to look."

    Angels are only spectators of salvation, not recipients. In Hebrews 1:14 we see that angels "...are ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation."
    In Hebrews 2:14-16 we see that "...since the children share in flesh and blood, He (Jesus) likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil and might free those who through fear of data were subject to slavery all their lives."

    Cat quoted the remainder of these verses in class which is, "For assuredly He does not give help (take hold of) angels, but He gives help (takes hold of) the descendant (seed) of Abraham."
    This mention of "seed" takes us back to Genesis 3:14-15 which says, "The LORD God said to the serpent, 'Because you have done this, cursed are you more than all cattle, and more than every beast of the field; on your belly you will go, and dust you will eat all the days of your life; and I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; He (Jesus) shall bruise (crush) you on the the head, and you shall bruise him on the heel." This crushing of his (the serpent's) head is a fatal blow. It was announced at the beginning of creation and it will not change.

    You can read further about this in Isaiah 28:12-19. The chapter begins with the word of the LORD speaking regarding the leader of Tyre (a man in the earthly realm) and then it switches in verse 12 as a lamentation over the king of Tyre (satan in the heavenly realm). Verse 13 shows us that he had was in Eden. That he had "the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty..." Verse 14 tells us that he was 'the anointed cherub who covers (guards)..." As you read you will see that once blameless in all his ways, he then became unrighteous, his heart being lifted up because of his beauty and his final end is stated "you will cease to be forever" and the LORD God declares that He has "destroyed you, O covering cherub..."

    In Jude 1:6 we see that "angels who did not keep their proper abode, He (God) has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgement of the great day..."

    And finally, I want you to think upon a passage that we were looking at this morning, Matthew 25:41 "Then He (Jesus) will also say tho those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; ..."

    There is no salvation for the devil and his angels. A place has already been prepared for them.

    Hope this helps!

    love, Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edna!
    Thinking so much about you this afternoon...
    Edna, in Romans 2:2 it says, ..."And we know that the judgement of God rightly falls upon those who PRACTICE such things." It follows chapter one which outlines the practices of the unrighteous. That word "practice" in Greek is PRASSO. It means "a habitual way of life" sweetheart. In context of what you were speaking of this morning, lying is not the habitual practice of your life.
    Last week I spoke out of John 8 regarding the statement that Jesus made, "If you continue in My Word THEN you are truly disciples of Mine." He further stated that ..."if anyone keeps (His) Word he will never see death."
    Edna, you are continuing in His Word, you are learning at His feet, His banner over you is love, and He shelters you under His wings. He shed His blood for your sins. In Psalm 19:12 the psalmist says, "Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults." You are covered and forgiven. You are sitting at the Master's feet as you continue to grow and learn. He knows the heart of His child and speaks in tender tones to His girl.

    I hope this knowledge blesses you dear sister.

    Love,
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, brother! Well, that's what I get for not proofreading!!!
    In my first little chatfest, in the 4th paragraph it reads, "who through fear of DATA"!!! Well, that would be me! So I'm shutting down the data and heading off to spend some time with my very appealing husband!

    (By the way, it should be fear of death) ;)

    Yeesh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathie
    Thank you for your(HIS) words of encouragement which were comforting to me. The thought that I had spoken untruth, which I won't lable as lying now,rendered me to tears but filled my heart with such a sadness. If ones heart could fill with tears my did just that. I was humbling as well. I took what I had heard from several sources, read a "bit" of scripture to confirm it and ran with it. This afternoon I have read 2 Thess 2:1-12 several times and I am amazed how clear it is and why didn't I get it before. Well, I know why I didn't because I did not study His Word for confirmation. But I was certainly convinced never the less that it was the truth. It is easy for those who don't study His Word to get confused. I am grateful for HIS banner of love & forgiveness.
    I have wondered if when one of HIS is blabbing away to another believer about something that is misunderstood if HE dulls their hearing because those that I have blabbed to either didn't pay attention or didn't hear what I had say. what ever caused the memory lapse I am thankful for.
    I am thankful for you Cathie. I don't know if you will ever know to the full extent how many lives you have changed through your faithfulness to HIM, to HIS Word, HIS teachings. Yes, I know it is all from HIM but you are HIS vessel whom HE uses well.
    Thank you sister.
    Love Edna
    PS..I am not proof reading this


    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped in for a visit!

- type in the Comment box below
- click to verify you are not a robot
- click Anonymous (unless you have a Google account)
- click Publish