Monday, June 27, 2011

Together...


      If you happen to be visiting The Gathering Place today, I have something for you.  
        During my quiet time this morning this verse from Psalm 34 brought you all so tenderly to mind and so I thought that I would share it with you, as an encouragement and an invitation, that we might bless, praise, magnify and exalt the Name of the Lord together... that together our souls will boast in Him alone knowing that this brings rejoicing to the humble... when they hear it!  

        There is so much contained in the following verses, yet one thing is abundantly clear... the authentic overflow of our heart's praise before God needs to then find its expression through our mouths... audible enough that others may actually hear! 
And notice the time references... "at all times" "continually"!

Over the years I have come to realize that many within the church are starving to hear their siblings in the faith encourage them by a genuine, daily display of faith being lived out in praise of God. 

Let's you and I live this thing out, giving credit where credit is due, laying it all at the feet of the Lord every time, and just watch the resulting rejoicing of the humble that happens!
You may be pleasantly surprised at just who is listening!



I hope that these verses thrill your heart as much as they do mine! 
I will bless the Lord at all times; 
His praise shall continually be in my mouth. 
My soul will make its boast in the Lord; 
The humble will hear it and rejoice. 
O magnify the Lord with me, 
And let us exalt His name together. 
Psalm 34:1-4

2 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E it. Thank you for this precious word Cathie.
    Miss you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me that was one of the joys of being together with all the "Hebrew" ladies each week was "exhalting his name together" - talking about what He is like,what He has done and is doing and what He is going to do in the future. This was always very encouraging to me.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped in for a visit!

- type in the Comment box below
- click to verify you are not a robot
- click Anonymous (unless you have a Google account)
- click Publish